You may have seen in the news that the government have lifted restrictions further, so we are now in a position to allow both singles and doubles play on our courts.
HOWEVER, THIS IS SUBJECT TO SOME STRICT RULES WHICH HAVE BEEN LAID DOWN BY THE GOVERNMENT.
These rules may change over time and when they do we will keep you informed of what we can and can’t do when playing tennis. We are also taking advice from the LTA in regards to providing tennis in these difficult times.
Social distancing rules will still apply, and to ensure that people can come to the club without overcrowding, we are implementing a booking system.
THIS SYSTEM MUST BE USED BY PLAYERS TO BOOK A COURT BEFORE THEY COME TO THE CLUB (except for attending mix-ins which follows a different procedure).
Due to government imposed restrictions, and following LTA advice, there will be a number of limitations to our use of the courts.
For safety reasons, all equipment will be removed from the courts including chairs, brushes and net winders.
The following rules will apply:
1. EACH COURT MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE AND MAY BE USED FOR EITHER:
DOUBLES PLAY FOR 4 PLAYERS FROM ANY HOUSEHOLD OR SINGLES PLAY WITH PLAYERS FROM ANY HOUSEHOLD
FULL MIX-IN SESSIONS ARE NOW ALLOWED AND ARE HELD REGULARLY THROUGHOUT THE WEEK (players do not need to book in advance but MUST register on arrival for track and trace)
2. ALL PLAYERS MUST OBSERVE TWO METRE SOCIAL DISTANCING AT ALL TIMES.
3. ACCESS TO THE CLUB HOUSE IS RESTRICTED.
ACCESS TO FIRST AID / DEFIBRILLATOR AND TOILETS IS ALLOWED AT ALL TIMES AND THE BAR WILL BE OPEN AT CERTAIN TIMES (only one customer at a time and contactless payment only - drinking is only allowed outside).
For other current clubhouse access, please read the notices around the clubhouse.
4. NO PLAYER SHOULD PLAY IF THEY HAVE ANY OF THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 (a high temperature or a continuous cough)
5. PLAYERS SHOULD NOT USE BALLS FROM ANOTHER COURT (You may bring your own balls. You should mark them so that they are easily recognisable as yours).
6. PLAYERS SHOULD TRAVEL SEPARATELY IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD.
7. PLAYERS SHOULD WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE TRAVELLING TO THE CLUB OR USE ANTISEPTIC GEL AND SHOULD WASH THEIR HANDS AS SOON AS THEY CAN AFTER PLAYING.
8. PLAYERS SHOULD FINISH PLAYING 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THEIR SESSION TO REDUCE SOCIAL CONTACT DURING CHANGEOVERS, AND NOT CONGREGATE NEAR TO THE ENTRANCES TO COURTS BEFORE OR AFTER PLAY.
9. IF YOU ARE BRINGING A GUEST WHO IS NOT A MEMBER, YOU MUST PAY THE £5 VISITORS FEE BY BANK TRANSFER TO:
Wollaston Lawn Tennis Club
Further advice for tennis players is available on the LTA web site
HOW TO BOOK
The system is set up so that:
Only members can book (and they must have registered with LTA)
Bookings are made through the WLTC booking page on ClubSpark LTA site.
You choose a date on a calendar, choose a court and a start time.
Then use a drop down menu to select how long you want in half hour slots up to 2 hours (if the court is booked by someone else in less than 2 hours time it will only let you book up to their time slot).
You should also add the names of other players if known to assist with track and trace.
You click on 'Book Now' and at this point you will be asked to login if you are not already.
If your booking is ok you will move to the next screen with a confirmation and you will also be sent an email to confirm your slot. Please use this confirmation as proof of booking.
You may then book further slots if you want to.
Bookings are restricted to:
Booking up to 10 days in advance
Two sessions on any one day (these should NOT now be back to back in order to allow others to access the courts reasonably)
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ENJOY YOUR TENNIS AND STAY SAFE!